Re: Aaaack! / Stereolab

jg <jg900 at bright_net> sez:

> And Stereolab.   Japanese (?) stuff that doesn't quite make sense, yet still
>  makes sense,  is about how he put it.

ooh, ooh! may i? ok...

Stereolab is from Canada. i first came across them maybe 7 or 8 years ago in
my snotty-record-shop-jocky days in Cinci. the cd was called _Peng!_

it's highly cool and very stylish. sounds:
lots of sampled electronics, luciously layered guitar fuzzies, dual female
vocals (mostly in French), lots of percussion, very adventurous music.
constantly euphoric sounding - definitely well done 'feel-good' stuff.

i got to see Stereolab a few years back at Sudsy's - a then little-heard of
band called Cornershop was the opener (Cornershop *used* to be a lot cooler
then - not so much poppie hookie tripe - the singer even played a mridingam
from India, fixed ontop of a barstool)

Ric: word up on the Stereolab. i'm impressed.

jay

NP: The Sisterhood - _Gift_   (on mp3)

Necessity hath no law.
Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658), Parliamentarian general, Lord Protector of
England. Speech, 12 Sept. 1654, to Parliament.
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^