Band in Shambles

JG900 Wrote:
"And i was far moresaddened about the news than Brian seemed to be,
so it was a mutual split,it seemed, not Linford flexing his muscles
necessarily.I must wait for the rest of the story to unfold, and i
expect a pleasantoutcome."

I'm not so sure that this DIDN'T have a lot to do with Linford
flexing his muscles.  Maybe he didn't tell Brian in a point blank way
that he was out, but Linford's other decisions about band, creative
direction, etc probably contributed to it.  The basic fact is this:
OTR has always been about what Linford, and Linford alone, wants.  It
really is his way or the highway.  I've followed the band for a long
time and this has been evident for a long while...even more so now.
Anyone who has ever seen Linford give a disapproving glare to another
band member on stage for playing something differently than he wanted
also knows.

Greg Smith wrote:
"And speaking of drummers, I guess I don't mind if Brian leaves. It
seems that he's okay with the scenario. However, what ...disturbs
(yes, that's the word) me more is the notion that he didn't know
anything at all of the piano disc coming out next week. This, to me,
speaks volumes."

Yep, see my comments above...Sure, this was basically a Linford solo
project, so he didn't have to consult with the rest of the band, but
I have a feeling this has also happened with other issues that were
more band related.

Bruce wrote:
"I'll be there at 6:30-ish (6:20-6:45ETA). I'll make a banner with a
"keep Brian, ditch Linford" painted in letters big enough to
guarantee me a spot on an ESPN camera somewhere. Just kidding."

ROFL!  I love it Bruce...that was hilarious.  Maybe you should go
ahead and do that just to see what Linford's reaction will be!

Lisa Nicole wrote:
"Which brings me to another good point. How would they divide up
themoney from CD sales of all these albums. Brian is on all of
them... What did they do for Ric?hmmmm interesting..."

That is a good point Lisa and something I have always been curious
about to.  Ric should still be getting an equal share of all OTR CDs
that are sold on which he played...I wonder if this is the case.
Maybe someone could shed some light here?

That's all for now.  I'm also bummed about Brian (and probably Terri)
leaving.

BTW, the Monk show on Friday was awesome...I liked the cameo by
Travis Mcnab.  That was cool also.  Maybe Brian will be back in Monk
full time now?  Looks like an obvious choice of direction...

-Dave