Re: Kent Lostees, My Love Is A Fever, and Pool.

> It's 6.45 am. I just got home, tired, frozen, and with my new fishnets in
> shreds. I'm still mellowly euphoric.

Hell yeah!  It's 12 midnight, I've just gotten off 8 hours of serving coffee
and I'm STILL highly euphoric.  My only concern is that it all seems like
such a beautiful dream.  It's hard to believe that this time last night I
was among so many wonderful, delectable people, having so much fun.  As long
as it's real, I can cope.  It's only scary if it was a dream, because I will
be terrified if my brain can come up with something that immensely awesome,
and people that wonderful.  Once again, there just weren't enough minutes to
spend with all of you.

This brings up a point.  We always gather for concerts.  They are one day
trips.  We rarely have the morning, or the next day together.  Who would be
up for renting out a hotel and doing a listie convention?  Wouldn't that be
cool?  Like a whole weekend, or week of nothing but hanging together!  I'll
organize it if enough people are interested.  It'll be a lot of work, and
take a bunch of planning, but I've done similar things before.  We could
have a dance, and have poetry readings, and art shows, and performances...
omg it'd be a blast!  Wow.

> "Down here on the hardwood floor...Down here on the hardwood floor, down on
> the floor right in front of Jack's amplifier-- how is it down on the hardwood
> floor?"

It was cramped.  My back was sore.  I finally found a position that didn't
hurt quite as much as all the other ones, and my hand started falling
asleep.  It was worth it.

> And I can die content now that I've seen "My Love..." done live. The second
> encore.

Hm... that was easy Ys.  I thought your were more demanding than that.

> Their encore here is "Go Down Easy." We were lucky. "You know it just too
> cold to go outside," Linford joked.

Two encores.  We were lucky, and the band was feeling generous.

> lost in the middle of the crowd where no one could see him smoking (!). And I
> discovered Amy-Raven is every bit as beautiful in person as she is in print.

I'd comment, but some of you might claim I was biased by circumstance.  ;-P

Seriously though... I was quiet impressed.  If I was bi, I would have been
deathly attracted to just about everybody there.  Fortunately, I'm still
straight, and therefore about half of you are... would safe be a good word?
;-)

> it's strange living on hills. I need to go sleep, which Kyle, who has just
> signed on, is reminding me. But I can't stop grinning about the evening,

Hey, you got sleep in the car young Miss!  ;-)  I think I grinned all the
way into the astral plane.

> which only began with the concert. I'm still not sure how I wound up on the
> floor of a bar named Bellie's, clutching my pool cue, half under the pool
> table, in a dead swoon from having my fingers sucked for the fourth (fifth?)

One word:  Skill

> time. I'm still not sure how Amy-Raven and I managed to win a game when
> lurker Heather redefines the word "shark." And she can gargle, talented girl!

Well, I WAS weighing her game down.  I'm not very good sober, and I was
QUITE distracted.

> And all the Kent listees fascinated me. DM is a character.

DM... ladies, and gentlemen, I have found who has been oppressing us,
because DM is The MAAAAN.  Oh wait, I mean that in the good way, ok.
Scratch that oppression comment.

> Heather is Da Woman.

Heather... was quite a pleasure to be in the company of.  And a fabulous
dancer.  Not to mention the underwear (oops, I just mentioned it ;-).

> Amy-Raven is brilliant.

Raven... brilliant, radiate, I hope not too tipsy, and very unfortunately
very tired by the end of the evening.

> Jen is gorgeous.

Jen... OMG.  She was obviously spoken for, so I tried not to notice her
beauty too much.

> Mark is adorable and has great taste in hats.

Mark... reminded me very much of someone.  I'm not sure who, I'm still
working it out, but it's a good thing, whoever it is.  I'm sure of that.
Mark was one of the ones that I wish I had spent more time talking to more
in depth.

> And Jamie is a hottie. Yeah he is.

Oh, yeah.  ;-P

I would add to this list:

Alyssa... dearheart.  Your beautiful.  You guys should see her trussles.
They're perfect.  And such a pleasant smile.

> And before anyone else breaks the news to you: Karin is no longer blonde. Are
> you surprised? Did you know? She's stunning. She looks older, and still just
> as young, And when she opens her mouth and flexes her voice around us, you
> forget what she looks like while staring right at her.

I never really dug her as a blonde.  I'm quite happy about the change.

> Jack rocked out.

They can dump any musicians they want as long as they continue to replace
them with people like Jack.  I think there should be a whole new list
devoted souly (intentionally spelled such) to the worship of Jack.  I guess
I should amend that I'm not completely serious.  Not completely.

> Absolutely. Bent himself into the guitar and came out
> through the strings. And he has a spare, dry wit. Whipped out the sunglasses
> for Jack's Valentine-- which Linford is apparently no longer reticent about
> singing. And he proceeded to wail so hard on his guitar that the glasses came
> flying right off behind him. By the way-- jg, you look stunning in shades,
> too. I felt like the CIA was surrounding me.

They were.  We baffled them though.  Deluded them in paper work.  Our
stunning bureaucratic mutterings had them suffocating in triplicates.  They
never got near you.

> Linford is still Linford. I understand Brian's wry comment about OtR being a
> duo. He watched Karin so intently. Focus, focus, focus.

Yes, well.  Love.  Or something closely approximating it.

Additional comments not in response to Ys...

After the first gathering I attended, I expected this too be good, but held
no precognition of the bliss I would experience.  If Dayton was one of the
better times of my life (and it was) then Kent showed me that my life hasn't
had any really good times before.  I was blown away.  I'm still blown away.
If I had met any one of you in a night, I would be reeling from how cool you
were for a week.  I'm just in utter overload.  That's all I can say.  I'm
overwhelmed with startlingly sparkling sentiments.  The first time changed
my life.  This time reinforced that change.  There are people like you out
there, and that makes me look forward to everything else.  Somehow, even the
worst Yinzers in the world becomes tolerable with that knowledge.

Gardner.

--
"I got a machine and I took over the world (in one weekend)...
I did it because I was looking for a project

-Violent Femmes, "Machine"