RE: Loops

Just an FYI. Phil goes into quite a little detail about the equipment and
guitars he uses to create these amazing effects on the inside of the foldout
for the "Acoustic Sketches" CD.(I know this is a big "who cares!" for most
of you on the list, but if you play guitar this is the kind of info you live
for)

Josh wrote:

  But the point is, he had this old piece of equipment that set
up loops similar (I think) to what you're suggesting-- except that it could
loop *over* previous loops.  He would keep us entertained with a slowly
building backing track, looping in his bass, and a fill, and a chord
progression, and a rhythm (beating on his guitar, same as ric).  On a
couple of songs, he even held his guitar up to his lips and sang into the
strings, which picked up his voice fairly accurately and looped them onto
the track for his own backing vocals.  Did I mention he was performing
solo?  With just an acoustic guitar?