Re: Threads

Mike Swiston wrote:

>  Sarcasm is a tricky tool to

actually, sarcasm is always a dangerous tool. I know, I am pretty good at it,
but people still frequently get hurt by what I say. perhaps it's the mix of dry
humor and sarcasm. I don't know... but words cut regardless of how they are
intended...

> When discussing a contentious issue with people you don't know,

but see, here's a good point to bring up. MANY of us DO know each other..
whether simply through SEVERAL conversations on the list or actual encounters
(of which I am jealous still!!!) and so, some of the comments getting thrown out
are based towards those that we do know. And we have learned to love (no matter
how hard it may be. LOL) those people and their personalities. and yes, the
mouth could go, but at teh same time, I must accept people as they are. And so
to me that means that a lot of what I hear (and people are pretty sensitive to
the way I feel about la nguage and stuff when responding to me) is who someone
really is or pretending to be.

> If you wrote something
> and feel you need to add a smiley face to ensure it won't be
> misinterpreted, then you should consider rephrasing your comment.

and smiley faces always help. sorry if you think they are.. umm what did you
say... nuisance. but taht's your opinion and when I see them I see someone
smiling at me.. and I personally could NEVER do without bink's little gotee. :-)
(though I never spell that word right)  and sometimes it adds some humor to what
is being said as well...

and sometimes I like the sometimes tense conversations that happen with me,
becuase that too is life. learning how to communicate... and even getting an
opportunity to fly down to kick *chris's roomates* ass. ;-) so my thought is
RELAX people. feel free to defend others, I do a lot. and feel free to continue
to post. and we all must extend grace to everyone...

Amy

"Life is a sexually transmitted condition that ends in death" ~Anonymous