Re: gas out

hi.

that nice Otherone says to me,
>Lets put some flowers in your hair and airdrop you in the middle of it. See
>if you can sing your way out of reality.

let's tie this thread in with that Duggy post where he suggests that i get
up and sing Jack's Valentine when OtR  hits Brady's.   I couldn't sing my
way out of a wet paper bag.  furthermore,  my hair couldn't retain a flower.
thank you for wanting me airdropped into the thick of it, though.  no, i'll
stay here,  thanks.  kinda like i notice  you are doing despite your claims
that we should be over there.  but that's alright.  i don't want to see you
killed or having to kill.

One thing scares me about  me being in war,  and that's  "what if i enjoy
the killing?"    this Luke Skywalker doesn't want to come over to the Dark
Side.   another reason (personal)  for me to wish to remain uninvolved in
this ordeal.

Kyle,  i meant no disrespect to the vets when i said "uncool".   no, my
hat's off to vets, hand over heart.  i may disagree with the V/N war,  but i
haven't any truck with the soldiers.

neither do i have truck with those who objected so strongly they fled to
Canada.

less respect for those who were just too afraid,  but how can you
distinguish now?

i hope you won't tell me to go fuck myself,  but well,  that's just more sex
for me i guess.   i'm too old to skip offers of sex.

>When you look at it,everything is pointless, killing ,protesting,writing
>lovely songs.
>Wheres the heroin?

I    think you can score some around here at Perkins Park,  but i'm not into
drugs anymore,  so that's just a guess.   you're on your own.

>Maybey that's what the musics for.
>
>If you want to really feel war as close as you can get to it with music.
Find
>a copy of Country Joe McDonald --War War War  Poems of Robert W Service put
>to music by Joe. There is A song called Jean Duprez. It will be very
>illuminating.
>A folk singer singing poems of someone who had killed and sacrificed for
>something.

Hmmmm.  country joe.   sure, i remember joe.   did he change his mind?
because i remember listening to him singing lines like
"one two three,
what are we dying for"

and

"be the first one on your block
to have your boy come home in a box."

>The whole picture,not some Anne de chant  persona poem fantasy.

like i'm gonna resist an opportunity to plug my girl anne!  :-)

If you can't
>find the album find the book. Both are fine work.

library,  here i come.   gotta finish my birthday present, first, though.
;-)

jg
np:  joan baez  __classics  vol. 18__

p.s.   anybody got an extra "Short Line Railroad"  they'd like to send me?
i'd be real happy!