Rwanda vs. Kosovo

Here's my 2 cents and that's all I'll say . . .

As far as genocidal maniacs go, there is no difference between Rwanda and
Kosovo.  However, historically, wars beginning in Africa tend to stay on
that continent and between the principal parties; wars starting in the
former Yugoslavia (i.e., Sarajevo, Serbia) tend to spread and escalate into
what is known as World Wars.  Example?  June 28, 1914:  Franz Ferdinand's
assassination -- no matter the political purpose behind it -- touched off
WWI.  WWI led directly to WWII.

The national allegiances in that area are religious, ethnic, and political
and date back to the Trojan War.  We'll never be able to stop the
nationalism (nor would I want to), but we need not tolerate genocode via
mass murders, concentration camps, and human shields, either.

Kosovo may have no oil, but it does have a rich history of screwing up the
rest of the world.  Rwanda has no such claim.

BTW, my family tree branches into Croatia.  My grandfather -- a 1st
generation American whose parents immigrated from Split, (Croatia)
Yugoslavia in the early 20th century -- predicted many years ago what what
is happening now based on history.  He said it would rival WWII.  And he was
right.  I wish he was around to give me his opinion as to what should be
done.

That's all. Sorry to continue the thread ... I'll go back to lurking.

Adrian Blagg
Texas AIDS Ride 2 Rider# 274

"This is the true joy in life --
being used for a purpose . . ."