Re: gas out

Greg let us know that:

> If I steal an apple in Holland or if i steal an apple in the good old
> USA,it's still thievery.  We live by different economic rules here. Although
> I think this was a stupid post I sent,the bottom line is that the oil
> companies manipulate us and gouge us at will. As for the crying when a 2
> liter of soda is more than gas, the sugar industry is no better eaither.

I agree.  Really, I could take that one step further and offend some
more people by saying that Big Industry manipulates and gouges us at
will, and I wouldn't be lying.  I caught a hearing on one of the news
channels the other day where they were discussing the fact that Barnes
and Noble was trying to buy the company that supplies books to
independent bookstores.  Think about that... Increasingly, a small
number of large corporations control what we see, what we read, what
we hear...all of which, in some way, influences how we think.  The
part that scares me is that no one seems to care about how one-dimensional
and mainstreamish our culture has become.

Viva la revolution,
Raven-amy