Re: hot tracks...

--- Eric Schumacher <Eric_Schumacher at stercomm_com> wrote:

> guitars 101...
> think of a piezo as sort of a built-in pickup that
> some acoustic guitars
> have.

that would be correct, mr. eric. you get a fishy!

essentially, a piezo pickup is installed right under the brige of
acoustic guitars. if you  look at an acoustic bridge and see that white
strip next to where the strings are anchored to the body, it's put
right under there. you can't see it. the piezo is designed to pick up
the string vibrations from the bridge and translate them into the
frequencies we hear as an amplified acoustic sound. piezo pickups
generally provide a much truer and natural acoustic sound than, say,
the magnetic pickups you'd find in an electric guitar. all my acoustics
have peizos.

i know you know this, eric, but for all those who don't, this has been
your second lesson.

prof. bink