Re: hot tracks...

Prof. Binkster wrote:

> essentially, a piezo pickup is installed right under the brige of
> acoustic guitars. if you  look at an acoustic bridge and see that white
> strip next to where the strings are anchored to the body, it's put
> right under there. you can't see it. the piezo is designed to pick up
> the string vibrations from the bridge and translate them into the
> frequencies we hear as an amplified acoustic sound. piezo pickups
> generally provide a much truer and natural acoustic sound than, say,
> the magnetic pickups you'd find in an electric guitar. all my acoustics
> have peizos.

So...as an acoustic guitar player who doesn't know nearly enough about
pickups and amps but is going to have to learn Real Soon (tm), I have this
question:  Are piezo pickups something you can have installed on your
guitar after the fact, or must they be built-in?  (I'm hoping for the
latter because it would be really sad to have to play out on a guitar
that's not my baby.)

Take care,
Raven-amy

Follow-Ups: References: