Re: Fwd: Cincinnati Enquirer

> >As far as I know, on AOL you can use the ASCII codes Alt + 129 for the
> >lowercase 'u' with the umlaut and Alt + 154 for the uppercase of the same.
> >Which one is the tzet?
>
> Except that fun stuff like umlauts and accents ague are all extended 8-bit
> ASCII characters, and a lot of the world's email servers are limited to the
> original 7-bit ASCII standard.  Just another one of those things you really
> shouldn't do.  ;-)

IIRC, the AOL e-mail server recognizes 8-bit.  At least in-house.  So
Thdreamgal at aol_com would benefit from a print out of ASCII codes for all
those extra characters-- for all the e-mails she sends to her AOL friends.

I'm using all your technical terms like I know what I'm talking about.  I'm
really just a 2-bit mimic.

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: