Re: Fwd: Cincinnati Enquirer

"Joshua M. Neds-Fox" <jnedsfox at moody_edu> sez:
>> Just popping in to second the motion (by the way Jay of Harnish, how do you
>> make umlauts and ss tzets on the 'puter?) and offer my adoration as well to
>> any kindly volunteers
>> Debbie
>
>As far as I know, on AOL you can use the ASCII codes Alt + 129 for the
>lowercase 'u' with the umlaut and Alt + 154 for the uppercase of the same.
>Which one is the tzet?

Except that fun stuff like umlauts and accents ague are all extended 8-bit
ASCII characters, and a lot of the world's email servers are limited to the
original 7-bit ASCII standard.  Just another one of those things you really
shouldn't do.  ;-)
--
NP: Toad The Wet Sprocket - _Coil_
ICQ: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery