Re: Fwd: Cincinnati Enquirer

"Joshua M. Neds-Fox" <jnedsfox at moody_edu> sez:
>> Except that fun stuff like umlauts and accents ague are all extended 8-bit
>> ASCII characters, and a lot of the world's email servers are limited to the
>> original 7-bit ASCII standard.  Just another one of those things you really
>> shouldn't do.  ;-)
>
>IIRC, the AOL e-mail server recognizes 8-bit.  At least in-house.  So
>Thdreamgal at aol_com would benefit from a print out of ASCII codes for all
>those extra characters-- for all the e-mails she sends to her AOL friends.

I'm sure AOL's internal goodies recognize the extended character set.  I also
know that when Mr. Harnish uses them, I get a lot of stuff like: 'J=F2y
H=F29rn=F31sh'

>I'm using all your technical terms like I know what I'm talking about.  I'm
>really just a 2-bit mimic.

It's a binary world, jnf.
--
NP: Tori Amos - _From The Choirgirl Hotel_
ICQ: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery