Re: mp3s

At 10:58 AM 3/31/99 +0000, Chris Emery wrote:
>Hey gang,
>
>Since Bob The Dancing Monkey (the other Drew) at UMN has graciously
>posted a bunch of OTR mp3s on his site, I went ahead and snagged 'em
>all last night and put them on my ftp site.  (took about 10 minutes -
>love that cable modem)
>
>There are several reasons I did this:
>-I wanted the mp3s, and that's where I keep them anyway.
>-The increased traffic to Drew's UMN site may attract the attention of
>the powers-that-be and cause someone to 'look into it'
>-I wanted to organize them by album, and fill in the gaps in what was
>posted.
>
>So, anyway, I encoded _Besides_ last night, and put it on my site
>right along with the complete _Eve_, _GDBD_, and partial _Patience_
>that Drew posted.  I plan on filling in the gaps in the next week or
>so.
>
>How do I get access to Chris's Funky FTP Site?
>-Remind Chris that he "owes you one"
>-Promise Chris sexual favors
>-Promise to upload all those cool mp3s you have
>-Ask nicely

Fabulous.  I'll be coming over soon and taking a look at your site, Mr
Emery.  My site is still up, but having travelled to Chris' yesterday, I
heartily encourage you to check his out.  He's put a hell of a lot of time
into it, much more than I can afford at my job here.

Cheers,
-Drew

[O] Drew Johnson - CLA - Office of Info Tech
[O] x5-4885 - http://lucix.cla.umn.edu/djohnson/
[O] djohnson at cla_umn.edu - ICQ: 10800645

Follow-Ups: References: