"Whirrrrr"...

That’s the sound of Don Smith spinning in his grave, or his death ray
timing machine as it were.  I’m appalled and entertained by the notion
that we’ve generated this much mail today.  I’ve also realised that my
penchant for creating new messages from scratch each time (vs. answering
other e-mails on a line-by-line basis) mostly can be attributed to the
fact that I’ve never been on the real-time list.  So here’s my 2 cents
for recent topics:

What’s up with KMFDM?  For one thing, they contributed “Material Girl”
to the “Virgin Voices Vol 1” Madonna tribute CD.  Other artists on the
CD include Heaven 17, Berlin, Gene Loves Jezebel, Boy George, and Bow
Wow Wow’s Annabella.  That all said, it’s not a very good CD.

Dana, your Bjork needs a little work; isn’t Isobelle a Bjork solo song,
not a Sugarcubes thing?  I love that track, it’s probably among my
favorite of her stuff.

Chris, “Ysoi” came from the woman herself.  “Ysoie” must just be a fun
respelling.  Funny how Drew grumbled online about not being married;
that’s not the tune he was whistling Saturday night.  Regardless, I'm
only on the '96 manual of our guidebook.

Jay H, Blue Jordan transformed into The Comet, quite entertaining.  We
saw a three piece rockabilly band there a few weeks ago.  When they
quizzed the audience for songs to sing, I of course piped in with “Rio”.
He sang a few lines but couldn’t remember the rest.

Scott U/Damian, why were y’all no-shows at Saturday/Sunday’s
festivities?

Buy Blur’s “13” and if you have enough money left Robbie Williams’
release.  Of course, if you live in Canada, the UK or Germany, buy
Duran’s just-released “Strange Behaviour” double set (Ysoi, I just
picked up a copy for you this eve if ya want it).  Blur’s release is
quite affecting.  Not pop music in the traditional sense, I assure you.
WAY better than “Blur”.  Less structure than “Modern Life” or
“Parklife”.

Steve, we'll all visit you on our pilgrimages to Disneyland.

Bruce