True statements, a few thoughts and some reflections (it's worth reading!)

Statements and thoughts:

Not only does Over the Rhine write and perform among the most celestial music
that I've ever heard, they are some the sweetest and most genuine folks I've
met.
My love goes out to them.

The attractive listie theory is no fleeting rumour. For me, it was proven on
both Saturday and Sunday night. You are an exquisitely and uniquely beautiful
bunch of people.
My thought on this: As attractive as OtR is, they are going to draw an
attractive audience.

*Thud!*. Welp, back to the ugly face of the motor city industry. *sigh*

Linford rocks.

I second Lynz's thought that "the radio and three hundred miles of road made a
good backdrop to thoughts."
Although i didn't have quite as far to drive, i still got in lots of think
time. I laughed, thinking about the huge ball of silliness and fun that was
bounced around throughout the entire weekend. Chris and Ysoie are such a hoot
when you get them together. We saw Duke Nukem's twin brother after the show
last night, lingering inside and looking very animated. He even *drank beer*
like Duke would, using every muscle in BOTH ARMS to do so... go figure... I
had great fun running and skipping alongside bink, both of us kilted, jumping
and clicking our heels together like two horny leprechauns on the way to jg's
hotel room Saturday night. Bruce is a real character, and *whew!* he's not a
psycho-stalker as the others had warned me.  };-)
Just kiddin, pal.
My eyes welled up while i listened to _Bothered_ during my drive home. While
listening to Eve & Besides, every OtR concert i'd ever attended came to mind,
along with different relationships and friends i've had and lost over the past
seven years or so. I remembered being in Kevin's living room years ago and
intently watching Linford as he opened up and shared his wisdom and insight
years ago, sitting proudly beside his lovely new bride - this man is highly
intelligent and has a great perspective. I remember my closest friends totally
being there for me when i broke a few years back. I remember piecing life back
together with the help of all the brothers and sisters i'd made, and it seems
like Over the Rhine was always playing their song though every page and
chapter.

All i need is everything.

All i'd heard about Chris Emery's breakfast & hospitality was no lie. This man
is awesome. What he does to toast... it's so perfectly french. It was great to
meet you, man. It was also good to meet Kyle & your other roomies.

Ysoie is great! It was so nice to have another semi-goth to pal around and go
cd shopping with - and you're *so* dramatic. Thanks for not kicking me with
your pointy-toed boots, even though i think i offended you several times...
but we won't start a mac flame war *here* will we? No, best not. Scratch that
line please. Thank you.
Does she know how to accessorize or what?! This woman has it together.

Bruce is a great guy. Period. But you knew that. Nutty, if you will.

Lynz, it was so wonderful to meet the elegant young woman behind those words
of yours. I really dug the Poison Ivy thing going on. I encourage you to write
more. More about the country, about trees and absolute silence.
I don't believe i've seen anyone passionately swoon like this young lady did
throughout both sets. Her swooning made *me* swoon.
Lynz's brother Rossnort was very entertaining, and Melvis/Melissa/Millicent
was so darn cute. At first i thought she was being *coy*, but in reality, she
really seems to be a quiet observer. In jg's room, her reactions were
HILARIOUS at some of the said things. Especially the kilty things. I *think*
she might have been offended, but i hope not.

bink, you're superwickedawesomeflycoolphat. I listened to _Undone_ on the last
leg of my journey, and WOW. I likie. _Free Fall (Falling?)_ is my favorite
song. You now have my support for an OtR opener slot. That would really make
for a good evening with friends.
Bring Gwendra back next time. That's not a request.

jg, it was *such* a pleasure meeting you and Monica. I didn't get to spend
much time with the two of you, but it's obvious that you two make a great
team, you're awesome. There *is* one main difference between you though:
Monica really is more radiant  };·D

When i was in ClanDiah, i'd often write on our mailing list postcards "Come
bring a friend and make some new ones". This is what seems to happen at OtR
shows every single time. Saturday night I saw Adam, who is a dear friend of
mine from WAY back. He & I haven't seen or heard from each other in years.
Last night I saw Ryan & Dan, who I haven't seen since they'd moved to Alaska &
back. It's a small, small room where friends are concerned - it's interesting
to see how some people gravitate back together repeatedly.

Neds-Foxes: It was so good to meet the both of you, and i sincerely hope that
you can subscribe again, Zena. We miss your words! Oh, and Chris - you could
not be MORE right! (Referencing Chris' post "Re: taping  Date: 3/22/99
11:03:18 AM")

Eric, i wish we'd gotten more time to talk. Now i see why everyone's always
"Eric this / Eric that..." around here. Wish i had a boss as cool as yours,
too.

Steve, you're a madman. Granted, you got a lucky situation - but still - all
the way from Californeeay ladies and gentlemen! It was great to meet you, and
now i finally know that you're last name is *not* "ee-boo". Hope you had a
great time.

Jack sounded really good on the lap steel - reminded me of some of the moments
on the Afghan Whigs' _Gentlemen_. Sweet.

Drew was more humorously outrageous than i'd even expected. Have any of you
ever witnessed what happens when you over-fill a shaving cream balloon, then
strap it up with M-80's and toss it on a land mine? Just curious. This man is
wild.
Men - i charge you to lock up your daughters. And wives.

I don't know if there are many women nicer & sweeter than that Megan. Thanks
so much for making us feel like the red carpet was rolled out for us out-of-
towners.

Brian, your jokes were a bit bit... ahh...hrmm...
Well, i'm very happy to have met you just the same   };·D
You're a funny guy.

I love to watch Linford & Karin together on stage in all their playful
mischief.

I know i met more of you, but - what a weekend - my cup overfloweth.
We'll meet more.

Jay

NP: Over the Rhine - _Patience_

"You don't need an excuse to hug & smooch beautiful women. They deserve it."
-Chris Emery 1999
<{---o<(\,- Sïr Edwård Jäy, thæ Sêcönd öv Härnïsh -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^