Re: taping

> those are mixes of different artists listing the artists and the
> songs and I have seen many of those people go and buy at least one of the CD's
> from the tape... and I myself have done that on several occasions with tapes
> people have sent me....

My entire early taste in rock-n-roll is based on an adolescent attempt to
recreate two mix tapes.  I simply bought each album listing the song which
I'd first heard on my "bootleg."

This is how I "discovered" Peter Murphy (and by extension, Bauhaus), Elvis
Costello, Joe Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Violent Femmes, Burning Spear,
The The, The Cure, Graham Parsons, The English Beat, The Go-Go's, Matt
Bianco, Nick Lowe, Warren Zevon, Randy Newman, and Marshall Crenshaw, just
to name a few.

Bootlegs:  Word Up.

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: