Re: taping

Okay. I don't support bootlegging as a way of getting things that are
available. But for example. When I first got 'addicted' to OtR I got addicted
to Eve and Patience. of course, bad choice because they were the hardest to
find. SO while I searched for the CD's I was able to copy a friends. (it wasn't
so that I wouldn't have to buy them) it was a temporary solution to a problem
of addiction.

In the same way, when people tape concerts and *freely* (as far as the
'offenders') distribute is in NO way (as far as I can see) taking money away
from OtR. One becuase the people who are getting the copies either went to the
concerts or couldn't go becuase of distance... and becuase, if you have
noticed, OtR hasn't released new stuff in awhile. When the new CD comes out I
garauntee all those who have bootleg copies of songs will be the first ones
trying to track down the CD so that we can get the real thing...

Now as far as songs that are remakes and are different on the *live* version I
think OtR needs to do another CD that has live samplings. becuase there is a
feel you get in that which you don't get anywhere else... so what's the
solution?

I believe that if you are taking money away from a music group and making money
yourself on it you have a problem. but to be totally honest, if OtR taped their
concerts and sold them I would buy them that way... simply so that I could get
more from them... whether it would be good recordings or not... so if they want
the profit of it I am sure the listies have no problem paying for the
recordings. :-)

And I believe we talk enough about it that OtR is aware that *the listies* have
taped... and I haven't seen any announcements made to us saying "you better
stop" and I am sure if there was one made that we would honor it. Plus, I
*occasionally* make tapes to promote artists that I like (not as much any more
becuase it costs a lot and is a hassle to send something from another
country!), those are mixes of different artists listing the artists and the
songs and I have seen many of those people go and buy at least one of the CD's
from the tape... and I myself have done that on several occasions with tapes
people have sent me....

Okay, I guess I was opinionated! LOL Hopefully it's all logical and you see
where I am going....

Anyway, Mr. Emery, what do you think? ;-)

Amy

Follow-Ups: References: