first day od spring (Canal & Linford)

hi all. kilty boy bink here.

(i am sooooo tired. just got home. don't care if my words run together.)

every time i can make it to a big listie gathering, i'm going to have
to wear my kilt. it's an easy way to attract fellow listies!

brownies. jg, you make excellent brownies! great to see so many
listies! jg, even with the "change," you're still jg. lookin' good my
friend!

megan. nice of your parents to stop by the line outside of Canal
Street. oh, yeah, nice to catch up with you again after so long....

drew! steve! bruce! i *finally* got to meet you guys!!!!

jay, thanks for sharing the kilt experience! (even though it was AFTER
the show!) we'll have to make it a tradition for all major listie
gatherings. and next time, remind me, i'll bring a guitar.

mr. gardner, fun. much fun.

chris, as always, good to see you. and nikki, too. and that's a FINE
corset you've got there!!!!!

lynz.

hi.

elsa, *still* trying to think where i've met you before....

and to all who met gwendra, my neighbour who was so wonderful to
provide transport for me.... there may be hope of assimilating her
into the HiveMind. she wants me to keep her abreast of any OtR shows i
plan on attending.....

i know you'll all hear reviews from various listies who showed, so
i'll leave out the set list info. i will say that it was an INCREDIBLE
evening of music. it was nice to see the band enjoying themselves on
stage again.

i was sitting right by Jack the whole show. had to. he's got all the
cool guitars!

interesting notes: Jack's playing the lap steel again!

:{)}

Karin sang "Needle & Bruise," a song written by Jack. i was very
impressed. will he have more opportunity for songwriting within the
band? adds a different flavour, but i like it muchly. like chocolate
syrup in my 2% milk.

Jack's Valentine (am i on a "Jack" thread here?) one word: cooooooooool!

i nearly cried when they played June! i've missed her. hope she's back
for more than just a visit.

had wonderful chats with Hazel, Jack's lovely wife. she liked the fact
that i was wearing my kilt. a nice reminder of home....

the cool thing is that i was able to talk with Linford after the
show.... (poor fellow's fighting a cold.) handed him a copy of my CD.
he was impressed with the packaging and such. talked with him about
the possibility of opening for the band at some point if the
possibility arises. told him that a number of you listies have copies
of the disc and like it.... time to muster your support, gang. feel
free to write the office if you want or let Linford know if you'd like
to see me open for them. gotta start somewhere, right?

anyhow, i'm tired. i need to colapse for a bit.

have fun at tonight's show, for all who are attending....

bink/rick