Re: amy/Romanian (was: okay)

> ah. the stories I could tell.. how about mistakes.. :-)

These kinds of stories are always fascinating and hillarious to me.

- A Spanish missionary was doing his furlough trip at our CMA, and he told a
story about asking some friends about their hot chocolate.  I guess it's
made differently in Spain:  very thick, almost like pudding.  He asked if
there were any preservatives in it, and assumed that "preservativo" meant
the same thing in Spanish as it sounded like it meant.  But the word for
preservatives in Spanish is "conservativo."  What Tim had asked was, "Does
the hot chocolate come with condoms in it?"

- Zena met a deaf fellow who said he'd just gone through a divorce.  She
tried to ask if it was recently, but if you turn the ASL sign for
'recently' around and point the other way, you're signing the word for
'sex'.  She asked him, "Was it the sex?"

Sorry... your story was speaking my language...

jnf