Re: This is dumb

In a message dated 3/16/99 8:15:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
binkmeisterrick at yahoo_com writes:

<< how could my music (or anyone's
 for that matter) not belong to me if i'm writing from personal
 experience? did someone say to me "Here, you felt this, so i wrote a
 song for you."?????? >>

Okay guys . . . I want to say something about this.  Not that I dont think
that our ideas belong to us, our work, our art . . .that's what capitalism is
based on, and I may be a liberal now, but heck, Im no commie . . .

But I think we are attacking an idea that has some beauty in it.  Music doesnt
just belong to us, but it also IS us, or a piece of us.  And when we write or
draw or dance or whatever, we give part of us to someone else, and we say,
"Hey, can you relate?" I dont agree that our work does not belong to us, but
part of the point of this is that every piece of artwork reflects something
common to man, something that we share.

I think this might have been just a piece of what whoever the initial sender
was trying to say.  No flaming, kids, no flaming.

:-)
Debbie