Re: This is dumb

Tndreamgal at aol_com wrote:

> But I think we are attacking an idea that has some beauty in it.  Music doesnt
> just belong to us, but it also IS us, or a piece of us.

very true. what we do artwise holds a piece of us. I guess that's why we are
vunerable, and that's why it can hurt us but it can also liberate us...

> I dont agree that our work does not belong to us, but
> part of the point of this is that every piece of artwork reflects something
> common to man, something that we share.

well, here's the thing. If that's what was trying to be said it should have been
said that way. But to say that music (art) doesn't belong to us, when in fact it
IS us is absurd. more absurd that has been brought up so far. :-) How can
something that is you not belong to you???

> I think this might have been just a piece of what whoever the initial sender
> was trying to say.  No flaming, kids, no flaming.

and by the way, I am not flaming! LOL

Amy