Re: (fwd) To all, from Linford

In a message dated 3/15/99 1:27:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cemery at columbus_rr.com writes:

<< The short version is this. If you were me and you were at a point that
 you
 knew you could make a record with a big budget and a producer that would get
 released in the next 18 months or so, and then you would promote that record
 for a few years and if you were successful, do it all over again and maybe
 make a lot of money and have a couple songs on the radio et cetera, et
cetera,
 or you could take care of the vegetable stand, put out two or three records a
 year that sounded unmistakably like your own records and could make a
 comfortable but modest living, what would you do? I'm curious. >>

Dear OtR,

	Well this is the thing.  If you did become a big label way more people would
get the joy of hearing your music and delighting in what you do.  But if doing
that means you have to give up who and what the band is now . . . NO WAY!!!!
what would be the point of more people getting exposure to the band if it
meant you werent THE band anymore?
	I wonder what the odds are of becoming a big-name vegetable stand.  I mean,
sticking with what you are now, and really staying true to it, but still
managing to get maybe a big label name and a few top tens.
	But whether this is possible or not, be true to the band's real identity.
And DONT do it for the money (easy for me to say, right?) or for the glitz
(nothin's like performing in a crowded, smoky, tiny house for a handful of
die-hard fans!!!!)

Thanks for who you are,
Debbie