Re: Linford's Letter

Personally, I think OTR should stay independent. Perhaps land a
distribution deal for their own label, hire some people to help with
promotion, phone calls, etc and go from there. Linford, why not see it
as a challenge to build your own business? It's always been a challenge
for me. There's nothing like healthy competition. It's not easy.
Wouldn't you like to run things yourself? Be on your own terms rather
than someone elses?

There's no reason that OTR couldn't tour with the big boys, land more
and more fans on their own. I believe if Ani Difranco can do it, anyone
with amazing talent (like OTR) can do it. You don't have to be played 24
hours a day on mainstream radio to feel good about what you've
accomplished. Besides, do you really really want fans and reporters
standing outside your homes all the time? following you around every
single place you go?

As an artist myself, I take joy in recording and hearing people say they
like what I've done. They think it's contributed something to their
lives. OTR is already doing that. Sometimes you just have to step back
from it all (like I think Linford is doing) and look at it from another
perspective. I think Linford and the rest of the band know what they
want. It may not be quite the same for all of them, but for them to
reach a decision amongst themselves will definitely be the ultimate
factor in where things lead.

Keith Abbott