Re: To all, from Linford

> Hello friends and,

etc.

To all those who will listen,
	I have been giving this matter a lot of thought of late.  It not
just the fact that my second favorite band (sorry I really love Margo and
the Junkies, don't hold it against me) is undergoing a drastic crossroads
decision.  I'm facing the same question myself.
	I am currently the Asst. Program Manager of WCAL, a small college
radio station part of Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI, next year, I
have been given the honor of being offered the position of General
Manager.  This is both a blessing and a curse.  We are currently only
broadcasting at about .2watts and just covering the campus.  I am going to
have to choose whether to maintain the station as a 100% student
organization or endorse the  at least partial takeover by the
Communications department.  I have pretty much the same questions as
Linford raised.  Should one maintain the liberty of a private few or
expand the audience but maybe lose some independence?  I'm not sure.  I've
come to the conclusion that one must consider this situationally.  I don't
know who or what is actually approaching OtR or what they've said, but it
must sound somewhat enticing or else I don't think Linford would consider
fame for fame's sake.
	Linford, I would tell you to go for it.  Analyze what they're
giving you and go with it.  I don't think they would market you as some
sort of Wallflowers because, well because your dad's not Bob Dylan.  I
don't think you would sink to the level of giving up your art purely for
money.  I know there are a lot of people out ther who would get a lot of
good out of your music, and I can't say that they don't deserve to hear
it.  Remember, Bon Courage, Linford!  No matter what we're here for you.

Stephen Swanson

P.S.  I hope you guys can come back to Calvin again next year.  It would
be school without you folks.