The lists

I am not the worlds biggest expert on mailing lists, but...

I am on three mailing list (Over The Rhine being my favorite of the three,
if that gives you any satisfaction to know) and on the other two annoucement
posts are sent to the list at large.  I do not see why this mail list is any
different.  I know several other people have probably written in about this
subject, because several people on the list were just informed that we had
missed a post by Linford.  This is how all the other lists that I am on
work:

announcement list- gets only the postings deemed "informative" by the list
admin, as a subscription choice, it is for the people who don't want random
emails about "Fundamentalism," coffee, some listees favorite joke of the
day, or what have you "cluttering up" their mail box.

"the main" list- a group of people who share interest in a common subject
that get together and chat about things related or not related in a civil
(sometimes... you should see the one list‹ and I have heard you guys had a
little spat here not so long ago) manner.  These get posted to by anyone who
is subscribed to the list, and also recieve all of the posts that go onto
the announce.

I myself assumed that when I signed up for the main list, I was getting the
announcements.  I know that it was a horrible thing to do to myself and Mr.
Med, but I did it anyway, and have rectified the situation now that I know
better.  I am not writing on my behalf though.  I am writing on behalf of
those who have not yet joined this list.  If you intend to not send
announcements to the list at large, then it should be made clear to people
in the future that they will not be getting said announcements unless the
also join the announce list.  Please.  Thank you?

Brian
--
"Everybody's playing the game,
but nobodies rules are the same.