Re: self-promotion+a netiquette request

In a message dated 3/8/99 1:05:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, mmcvey at uic_edu
writes:

<< If it contradicts my claim, fine. I only believe this is true in the
 context of the modern Americas, what I know of the social
 teachings of the church, and what I know about protestant
 conservatism. And I can vouch for the integrity and value of the
 Catholic community center where I teach English to poor immigrant
 Mexicans. >>

Boy oh boy oh!!!!!! I am sensing a chord of disunity among us.  I will admit
that the Catholic church . . .  Mother Teresa being the paramount example . .
. has a wonderful outreach and ministry.  However, this does not negate the
work of the Protestant church . . . Yes, even in America.  Peoples is peoples,
this really is not about denomination. I say this coming from a church that
supports missions worldwide and as one who aspires to have the kind of
ministry that you do . . .I applaud your work with Mexican immigrants.  Way to
go!

Debbie