Re: self-promotion+a netiquette request

In a message dated 3/7/99 11:22:33 PM, mmcvey at uic_edu wrote:

>Mike
>Chicago

Hi, Mike.

Welcome aboard. You don't know us very well, do you? We've never been able to
get the subject header thing down, and we probably never will. It's a losing
battle. We've all accepted that.

Many of the things you see here will be tongue-in-cheek. Many of them will be
downright rude. Take it all with a grain of salt and move on. As you said,
life's too short. Some of us have been here for years and are used to one
another's vagaries. It takes a while for one's brain to adjust.

Pull up an armchair, grab an apple, and relax. Glad to have you.

(Oh, look. I'm the Extraordinarily Unofficial Welcome Wagon this week. Isn't
everyone thrilled?)

ps-- Having just heard from bink, I am forced, once again, to say, damn, I
wish I'd been there. Heard it was Dy-no-MITE!