Re: FW: Lost listees. List Lostees.

In a message dated 3/2/99 12:04:21 AM, yavin at mindspring_com wrote:

>You should go to an SCA gathering sometime.  DOZENS of men in kilts.

No, please G-d, no. No more SCA. Ever. I tried hard to like them, but it was a
miserable failure. Rennies and SCAdians just are not fated to get along.
Farmers and Cowboys, baby, Farmers and Cowboys.

>I'll be there, whatever the reason is.  Just give me forwarning.  Hey,
>enough forwarning might even make me get off of my duff and have a kilt
>ready to roll out.  Hmmm... seeing as how I first met you on a "goth" list,
>and then you pointed me this way.... maybe I'll get an all grey plaide to
>use as my material.  I'll be a traditionally gothic Scottsman.  *hmmm*  Nah,
>that's just going too far.  ;-)  I don't like wearing black anyway.

I've never seen those two genres mixed, though when I saw Seven Nations (The
Band Formerly Known As Clan na Gael), they did have a good bit of leather and
moodieness with their electric guitars and bagpipes. I think it should happen,
Brian, but that's just me.

Someone told me last night about some guys who went to faire in traditional
dark  tartans, black jackets, and shades. The called themselves The Men In
Blackwatch. Apparently, they were hysterical.

You don't like wearing black? What kind of Goth are you?

>Okay, I live in Pittsburgh.  If this really happens, and you don't mind
>ys... I'll co-host the party and be in charge of mud-slides.  I've been old
>I'm a good bartender.  Course, I've also told I was a bad bartender, but
>that was meant as a complement too.

Jeff, how about a battle of the bartenders?

I've gotten two "No! Not then! I can't make it then!" emails already about
that date. All right, you slackers, who has a better idea?