Re: 10000 Maniacs/King Crimson

>>I'd rather have KC, hands down.
>well sure, on an island with a CD player and the 10 discs you washed up
>with, the Maniacs would undoubtedly not be there.
Even if the liner notes detailed how to survive on the island, I'd rather have
the KC......

>Hell, I'd be hard pressed to pick 10 King Crimson CDs to wash up with!  ;-)
I'd pick one of the recent compilations that features the Belew-era KC, then
fill the rest with Todd Rundgren and his related bands.  I'd also have to
include
the Psychodots' "Official Bootleg" as well.

>>(trying to think of a good reason to listen to 'em)
Good luck.
>>oh! oh!  but what if one day you
>>want to be able to tell someone what OtR sounds like?  you'll be glad then
>>that you listened to the Maniacs!  [is that weak or what?  flashbacks from
>>the first OtR show i saw..]
>
>How about 'They don't suck'?   Just a thought.   I've got my _Tigerlily_, and
>that seems to fulfill my Natalie needs.  Believe it or not, I'm not a huge
>bands-with-chick-singers follower like lots of my fellow listies.
I've got my Billy Bragg & Wilco "Mermaid Avenue" that Nat sings lead on a
track or two - more than enough for me.

>I know, it's hard.
There's a joke here, but I'm staying above it.....this time....   ;-)

>I've never been lucky enough to see them in person, unless you count the
>ProjeKCt Two show last year.
I still wish I'da made it down to Bogart's when they were there.   :-(

later,
AaronB

np: Utopia - Live in Tokyo, 1979
     (Japanese import)