Re: 10000 Maniacs/King Crimson

"King, Matt - GCP" <mdking at gracocorp_com> sez:
>>I'd rather have KC, hands down.

>well sure, on an island with a CD player and the 10 discs you washed up
>with, the Maniacs would undoubtedly not be there.  but umm...

Hell, I'd be hard pressed to pick 10 King Crimson CDs to wash up with!  ;-)

>(trying to think of a good reason to listen to 'em)    oh! oh!  but what if one day you
>want to be able to tell someone what OtR sounds like?  you'll be glad then
>that you listened to the Maniacs!  [is that weak or what?  flashbacks from
>the first OtR show i saw..]

How about 'They don't suck'?   Just a thought.   I've got my _Tigerlily_, and
that seems to fulfill my Natalie needs.  Believe it or not, I'm not a huge
bands-with-chick-singers follower like lots of my fellow listies.

I know, it's hard.

I know, you're dying to relate the above comment with one of the ones that
follow this.

Don't.

>>To paraphrase Mr. Fripp, who said something like the following: "A
>>KC album is a love letter, but KC in concert is a steamy hot date"
>
>:)  i'll buy that.  i'm young enough to have only had the opportunity to see
>them live once but if they played at the bar down the street a couple times
>a week i know i'd have to quit my job and resume substance consumption
>comparable to my high school days (daze?).
>
>that would rule.  heh

I've never been lucky enough to see them in person, unless you count the
ProjeKCt Two show last year.

>i might add that the whole of the crowd aside from three or four of 'us' was
>totally lost during KC's set.  they'd come for other bands (Rusted Root,
>Lenny Kravitz, Blues Traveller... need i say more?) and had no means with
>which to comprehend the strangeness they were witnessing.

'Fearless and Highly THRaKKeD'

>>I know the quote is wrong, and I don't have my _Epitaph_ liner notes
>>handy, so blow me.  ;-)
>
>well, i don't generally consider that to be a good excuse to fellate
>someone, but...

Metaphor, my friend, metaphor.
--
NP: King Crimson - _THRAK_