RE: 10000 Maniacs/King Crimson

>I'd rather have KC, hands down.

well sure, on an island with a CD player and the 10 discs you washed up
with, the Maniacs would undoubtedly not be there.  but umm...  (trying to
think of a good reason to listen to 'em)    oh! oh!  but what if one day you
want to be able to tell someone what OtR sounds like?  you'll be glad then
that you listened to the Maniacs!  [is that weak or what?  flashbacks from
the first OtR show i saw..]

>To paraphrase Mr. Fripp, who said something like the following: "A
>KC album is a love letter, but KC in concert is a steamy hot date"

:)  i'll buy that.  i'm young enough to have only had the opportunity to see
them live once but if they played at the bar down the street a couple times
a week i know i'd have to quit my job and resume substance consumption
comparable to my high school days (daze?).

that would rule.  heh

i might add that the whole of the crowd aside from three or four of 'us' was
totally lost during KC's set.  they'd come for other bands (Rusted Root,
Lenny Kravitz, Blues Traveller... need i say more?) and had no means with
which to comprehend the strangeness they were witnessing.

>I know the quote is wrong, and I don't have my _Epitaph_ liner notes
>handy, so blow me.  ;-)

well, i don't generally consider that to be a good excuse to fellate
someone, but...

matt
np: "i'm so afraid" -- Fleetwood Mac