re: 10000 Maniacs

OK - I can't let a Maniacs thread go by without putting in my 2 cents...

Ron.Brickley at sdrc_com said:

>My least favorite is Blind Man's Zoo.
>Hope Chest is crazy cool.
>Wishing Chair is nostalgic.
>Blind Man's Zoo is political.
>In My Tribe is soft political.
>Our Time In Eden is delicious.

I like these descriptions.  *thinking a little more*  I really like these
descriptions.

Then Tndreamgal at aol_com added:

>>Of what I've heard by them, I believe that Our Time in Eden is
>>probably the masterpiece your are looking for . . . is this the consensus
>
>Yes actually . . . we have two votes for Our Time in Eden and one for In
My
>Tribe . . . Any other votes?

Wishing Chair for me!!  Definitely one of my desert island discs.  Our Time
in Eden would be second.  On the European version of the disc - they've
added liner notes with lyrics in Spanish, French and German (in case anyone
cares..)

Finally danamcc at planetaccess_com

>I must join the popular opinion and say that, having been a Maniacs fan
for a very
>long time_Our Time in Eden_ surpasses the others.  Natalie's voice is
strongest here, >and her lyrics are the most interesting.

>_In My Tibe_, though, has my favorite Maniacs song.  "The Painted Desert"
Why, you
>ask??  Because I lived that song.

I still love the lyrics on Wishing Chair. I can almost picture Natalie as
an idealistic teenager in Jamestown, thinking she could change the world
with her music.  Scorpio Rising is my favorite Maniacs song (not because I
lived it, thank goodness, but I came kinda close many, many moons ago...).

Wow, Maniacs just conjure up so many old memories for me - sitting in the
dorm freshmen year, passionately analyzing In My Tribe, driving from Miami
up to Wittenberg to see them in the gym, laying in the grass at Deer Creek
while listening to Stockton Gala Days.

OK - I'm getting way too sentimental for a Monday morning - I've got to
work.

Dawn

NP:  What's up Matador?