Re: Re: is chicago, is not chicago

In a message dated 2/28/99 2:13:27 AM, marquis at icx_net wrote:

>>  tags on an unrelated remake of a bad
>> 80's song, such as "hungry like a wolf."
>

>Oh, john.  I think you're definitely going to be sorry you said that.
>
>Yzzi, Brad, Bruce, Chris--Y'all hearin' this?

You know, John, my love, the inimitable Lynzi (and her sister, Rachel!) is
here right now. She's reclining on the sofa looking at one of my costume books
and eating rice as we wait for my newly-red hair to dry. I took a moment to
read your post aloud-- picturing that 40 oz. swinging in the air, and Linford
holding court over a jumping house party-- and we both began giggling
hysterically. Oh, we had a fine time picturing the bouncing car, the old-skool
cameo, the crazy light effects.

Then you threw in that vicious barb at the core of my musical soul.

The laughter stopped.

"Well," Lynzi said diplomatically into the sudden, frozen silence, "He
certainly has strong opinions."

"I'm gonna kick his ^%#^@," I replied.

Next listee gathering, baby. You and me. Outside. I'm gonna bring my posse
from the AOL Duran Duran Lives board and we gonna send you back to yo momma
for some schoolin', boy.

Wait-- was that the spirit of Dug I just felt waft through me?

"I think it's bedtime for you," Lynzi neutrally mentions.

I think she's right.