Re: listies and the 'remove' people

lurker burrill unmasking for a moment.  good evening.

jg said:
> i wanna know why there are so many in misery?  are we that bad?

why, not at all.  with the bland exception of four or five emails, i've been
following (but not particularly participating in) this list since mid-
september of '98, and i enjoy it as much as the next guy--unless that next guy
happens to preface all his emails with the word "remove."

then again, the fact that i've actually met a listie or two probably helps;
however, that leaves a substantial majority of the listie mosaic that i know
only on this list.

i'm mystified as to why some folks have no desire to see how other otr fans
think.  this list can be a fascinating entity to observe--even moreso when the
characters have something in common.  this dice has a hundred faces from which
to choose, but some are choosing to throw it in the trash.

ah, well.  i, i will survive.

i often have an urge to dive into any given conversation, but i'm usually
hindered by my lack of words--or my timidity.  (perhaps the former is caused
by the latter?)  maybe i'll try to say more.

-burrill

np: jason dennie - living on melody lane