Re: listies and the 'remove' people

hmc6 wrote:
it seems as though you all live in the same region or something because you
all know about the same concerts....while i am clueless about these things.
is that what is going on?

Well, darling, so glad you asked.  :)

Actually, most of us haven't actually met.  We all don't necessarily live in
the same region...we have people in New England, the mid-west, the south, the
Pacific Coast, Texas...even overseas.

Yes, for those of us in the PA-OH area it is easier to get together, as it
seems that we are more concentrated here.  At least, it was when there were
concerts going on.

Many of us get to know each other from posts made to the list, or personal
messages taken off the list.  For instance, I know Amy somewhat well (I like
to think), even though she lives in Romania and I live in Cincinnati, OH.  We
have just e-mailed each other enough to have an idea of what is going on in
the others lives (btw, Amy, I'll e-mail you back eventually!).

Then there are other people, like my StevieBoo in California, whom I have met
in person, who actually introduced me to the band.

Then there are those (JG, Yzzi, Binkers, etc) whom I have met through the list
at concerts or other listie gatherings.

There are always opportunities to meet listies, old and new.  Some of us just
have an easier time of it than others.

As for you, dearie, jump into conversation, and soon enough we will all be
able to *hopefully* call you our new Over the Rhine psuedo (as Duggy would
say) friend.  :)

*not quite as upset as before, but I'm still sick*
Jessyka