Re: computer stuff...

---"Jeffrey L. Klaum" <jeff at ohsosf_smlab.com> wrote:

> Mr. Fox spoke proclaimed:
>
> >Which is (partly) why I compute with a Performa, OS 7.1.  Which
puts me
> >comfortably behind the times, but just reasonably functional.  And
I'm not
> >on the net.  Yet.
>

> Performa, ouch, OS 7.1, ouch ouch...but that's cool. I have no big
beefs
> with MAC. Great for music and art stuff.

i must come out of the closet here- i too am a die-hard MAC user. i
compute on a powerbook (2400c). as far as the imac goes, i think the
absence of a 3.5 floppy drive is just fine. i've almost totally
converted to zip disks and cd roms. i have recently bought a cd
burner, which means that a lot of my software backups, etc wil soon be
on cd instead of floppy *or* zip.

plus cd burners are fun. =)

john.

np- talking heads, "sand in the vaseline."