Holy Wars (was Re: @@@Re: Eric's website)

Dancing on a volcano, Rick Callender <binkmeisterrick at yahoo_com> said:
>> > well, gee, maybe if you had a MAC you wouldn't have this problem... ;{P}
>
>> ha! i wouldn't use a macintrash if you payed me...
>
>> (just playing BTW, not intended to offend any of those *other* computer
>> people!
>
>oh, yeah, like Windows is such a "perfect" program!
>that's okay... *I'M* not worried about Y2K...

Think again, binkster.   Lots of Mac applications are not Y2K
compliant.   The OS is, but not all the apps.

>MacIntosh: the choice of artists and designers EVERYWHERE!!!!

Used to be.   Now that SGI is making smaller desktop systems, expect
to see the rest of the die hard living in the past Mac users die out.

>(Mac vs PC: mostly a matter of application, although i have YET to
>meet a PC that can run Mac stuff... can the other way round, y'
>know.... tee hee hee...)

It's 'cause they HAVE TO, bink, because nobody writes Mac software
anymore.

I used to work tech support at Mac Warehouse back in the day, so I
know the strengths and weaknesses of both platforms.   The Mac is
dying off, especially now that they cancelled all the licensing
agreements for the clone makers.

And when style is the last thing left to market a computer, you've
lost the race.

Besides, I think that Apple has shot themselves in the foot to the
point where they can't fully recover again.

That's all I'm going to say about this.   If anyone has comments, take
'em off the list.

--
NP: Tori Amos - _Tori Stories_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery