Re: Every 80's song in one story! (no OtR)

Dancing on a volcano, john davis <hellomynameisj at yahoo_com> said:

>i think we're getting to the point when our definitions of the genre
>known as 80's music are starting to differ.

For me: 80's music = music made from 1980-1989.   If you want to get
more specific, then you should specify a genre: new wave, synthpop,
etc.

>i myself don't conider all music made between 1980 and 1989 to be 80's
> music, but only that music that has become irrelevant as time has
>progressed. now, of course, that is an equally vague definition, but i
>never said i knew what i was talking about.chris emery will probably
>say something sarcastic here:

No, I don't believe in sarcasm.

Has any music *really* become irrelevant?  Everything builds on what
came before, no?   Just because a style of music isn't topping the
charts anymore doesn't make it irrelevant in the grand scheme of
things.

--
NP: Tanya Donelly - _Love Songs For Underdogs_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery