Re: Every 80's song in one story! (no OtR)

---"Mr. Emery" <cemery at columbus_rr.com> wrote:

> Dancing on a volcano, "Joshua M. Neds-Fox" <jnedsfox at moody_edu> said:
>
> >> Hmm...not quite *every* 80's song.
> >>
> >> What about:
> >> 'Sartori In Tangier'
> >> 'Land Of Confusion'
> >> 'Machine Messiah'
> >> ???
> >
> >I didn't see
> >"Mexican Radio"
> >"Sunglasses at Night"
> >"Burning Down the House"
> >or
> >"My Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades)"
> >either
>
> or
> 'TV Dinners'
> 'Joan Miro's Procession Through The Insides Of A Purple Antelope
> Across A Sea Of Tuna Fish'
> 'Yellow Shark'
> 'More Than This'
> 'Ride The Lightning'
> 'MLK'
> 'Rubicon'
> 'Sussudio'
> 'Protect Yourself/My Nuts'
>
> OR most importantly:
> 'My Adidas'

i think we're getting to the point when our definitions of the genre
known as 80's music are starting to differ.

i myself don't conider all music made between 1980 and 1989 to be 80's
 music, but only that music that has become irrelevant as time has
progressed. now, of course, that is an equally vague definition, but i
never said i knew what i was talking about.chris emery will probably
say something sarcastic here:

john.

np- jon spencer blues explosion, "now i got worry."