from the ashes, story, Anne E.?

Hey, look!  I actually have time to post!

I seem to always be out of town when Tom Waits comes up in
conversation here, no matter how brief the discussion or
my out-of-townness is.  It figures.

Probably only a few of you have noticed my absence since I
never post much anyways, but since I have time I thought
I'd tell you where I went.  The whole mess started at the
beginning of the semester, when I realized that I only had
a few weeks to put together a talk for a scientific conference
in Santa Fe--and I didn't even know what my data *meant*.
Eek.  So the next three weeks were full of me staring at
graphs, ripping them up, making *more* graphs only to rip those
up too, drinking a lot, making more graphs...you get the idea.
Eventually (and just in time), the talk was finished and I
got to spend almost a week in Santa Fe, NM--the first week in
February.  It was beautiful, the talk went wonderfully, and
as usual all of my best stories have absolutely nothing to do
with the actual reason I was there.  If you want to hear the
stories, let me know...they're fun, but I don't want to (overly)
bore you.

Of course, by the time I got back from the conference I was
a week behind in *everything*.  Classes, bills, teaching, yadda
yadda.  I'm almost caught up...or at least I'm as close to being
caught up as I usually get.

So, um...the reason I was posting, other than to say that I
actually do still exist, was to say that I'm thinking about
coming down for the Anne E. gig on the 5th.  It gets sticky,
though, because I will also be in town the weekend of Feb. 27th
for engagement festivities and I'm supposed to go to Vermont to
visit friends over spring break--which also starts the 5th.
(Did I mention that I'm supposed to have a draft of my thesis
finished by March 15th?  Hmm, now I did.)

It's 40's and raining!  In *February*!!  Look, kids, global
screwup!

Enough from me.

Take care,
Raven, Amy, Amy Raven, and a cast of thousands

np: Nothing. At work.

> PS - "Isn't da man the one who's keeping everybody down?"  (obDuggy)

PPS - "Nope--'cause *you* da man!"

PPPS - Now if I could just figure out *why* I know the end of this quote...