Re: OtR question

Paul Christian Glenn wrote:

> >And, unrelated, (non otr): do any of you guys know
> >whatever became of The Swoon?
>
> This question came up on another list I'm on, and the answer was a
> resounding "Huh?".  It's too bad that their music never managed to make it
> into a few more hands.

No crap. Good band.

> I managed to get my hands on their CD (after playing my taped-copy to
> death) a while ago through a used CD store, but my previous efforts to
> find anything about them on the net failed miserably.

I found it used on cassette a couple of years ago. I've never seen it on CD, though.

> My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think someone said that they had asked
> Derri Daugherty (who helped with the record) what had happened to them,
> and he said that they broke up and never formed any other bands.  They're
> from Michigan or Wisconsin or someplace up there.
>
> Amzing, incredible CD, though.  :)

Yeah it is. Has anyone ever heard poor old lu's cover of "Speak Soft"? What a beautiful, sad song.

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins