sundry replies.

In a message dated 2/12/99 12:17:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
HottBeans at aol_com writes:

> But anyway, if
>  anyone else saw it, do you know if that was Charlie from Jars of Clay
> playing
>  the accordian?? I believe it was... but just wanted a second opinion.

yes, it was.  at least, that's what i was told on the sixpence message board.
i'm not much of a jars fan, so i wouldn't've known.

In a message dated 2/12/99 8:21:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
suneidesis at hotmail_com writes:

> it went something akin to:  "fifty nifty united stated from thirteen
>  original colonies, fifty nifty stars in the flag that bellow so
>  beautifully in the breeze, each individual state..."
>
>  um.  I forget the rest.  but believe it or not, it was written and
>  composed by Ray Charles.

i belive it goes something to the effect of:

fifty nifty united states from thirteen original colonies
fifty nifty stars in the flag that billows so beautifuly in the breeze
each individual state contributes a quality that is great
each individual state deserves a bow, let's salute them now.

fifty nifty united states from thirteen original colonies
shout 'em, scout 'em, tell all about 'em
one by one till we've given a day to every state in the usa

alabama, alaska, arizona, arkansas....

(okay, so for that middle part i had to look it up online, 'cuz i couldn't
remember it either.)  but i too learned that song.  though not 'til more like
third or fourth grade.  the part that i do remember is *all* the states, in
alphabetical order.  whee.

--rachel.