Wait a minute...

> F*** that.   Hootie's cool.   And they made megabucks.   I'd be ecstatic if
> OTR could make megabucks.
>
> -- Hey, I like Hootie.  I'm just saying that now poor Hootie can't get
> arrested.  Once radio "discovered" the next "next big thing" it was goodbye
> Blowfish.  Hate to see that happen to OtR.

Yeah, but Over The Rhine is so much more than just a "next big thing."
What's on the radio today?  Third Eye Blind?  Marcy Playground?  Who's that
band with the guy leading a camel in the video?  I don't even know their
name.

Besides, their groundswell is so much slower, calmer, surer than "Hold My
Hand."  Maybe they'll hit like Pulp, after 10 years and how many albums.

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: