Re:

---Chris Emery <cemery at columbus_rr.com> wrote:

> 'Gates Of Delerium' is not about Vietnam.   It was loosely based on
'War And
> Peace', according to Jon Anderson.   'Yours Is No Disgrace' is his
Vietnam
> protest song.   GoD is from the fine, fine, fine album _Relayer_
from 1974,
> featuring Patrick Moraz on keyboards.

well, this is the time for me to reveal my most embarrassing secret:
i, who hold a bachelor's degree in english literature, have never read
"war and peace." (i've read "anna karenina," but not "war and peace.")

this would, of course, keep me from noticing "war and peac" allusions
in the song...

> I just finished 'Microserfs' by Douglas Coupland.   Not too shabby.

i've also never read any douglas coupland... am i hopelessly
illiterate, or what? i think i'll just give up now and watch a *lot*
of t.v. anyone for some reruns of "wings?" or (God help me) the daily
news?

seriously, how is coupland's stuff?

oh yeah, and, uh, Over the Rhine, is, like, the bestest band in the
world.

=)

john.

np- superunknown- soundgarden. (i'm in a seattle mood today. i already
have some nirvana and some pearl jam planned.)