Re:

john davis <hellomynameisj at yahoo_com> sez:

>---Chris Emery <cemery at columbus_rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> 'The Gates Of Delirium', just like the Yes song.    HTH!
>>
>> There's some lyrics worth analyzing.
>
>- *ouch.* my poetry glands hurt. i think the song is "about" vietnam.
>jon anderson likes to sing about vietnam. (yes is the only band i know
>of with a song named after a battle in vietnam: "angkor wat.") which
>yes album is "the gates of delerium" from?

'Gates Of Delerium' is not about Vietnam.   It was loosely based on 'War And
Peace', according to Jon Anderson.   'Yours Is No Disgrace' is his Vietnam
protest song.   GoD is from the fine, fine, fine album _Relayer_ from 1974,
featuring Patrick Moraz on keyboards.

>oh, and what, pray tell, does HTH mean?

hope this helps.

HTH!

>reading: virtual faith, by Tom Beaudoin.

I just finished 'Microserfs' by Douglas Coupland.   Not too shabby.
--
NP: Over The Rhine - _Till We Have Faces_ (SS)
ICQ: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery