Re:

---Chris Emery <cemery at columbus_rr.com> wrote:

> 'The Gates Of Delirium', just like the Yes song.    HTH!
>
> There's some lyrics worth analyzing.

- *ouch.* my poetry glands hurt. i think the song is "about" vietnam.
jon anderson likes to sing about vietnam. (yes is the only band i know
of with a song named after a battle in vietnam: "angkor wat.") which
yes album is "the gates of delerium" from?

oh, and what, pray tell, does HTH mean?

if any of you live in illinois, look at the sky today. the clouds over
chicago are absolutely spledorous.

i'm interested if anyone else has any cs lewis connections to OtR
songs. for a long time, i thought "jack's valentine" was "about" cs
lewis and the loss of his wife, joy. (lewis was called "jack" by his
friends, linford makes reference to the lion, the witch, and the
wardrobe in the line "there's no christmas underneath this weather.")
imagine my shock when i figured out it was written about another jack:
the dharma bum himself, mr. kerouac.

so now the song "means" two things to me: cs lewis's loss of his wife
*and* kerouac's descent into fatal alcoholism.

np: sunny day real estate: "how it feels to be something on."

reading: virtual faith, by Tom Beaudoin.