What's so funny...

> >jg, I had no idea Nick Lowe was so "pop".  Quite a greatest hits CD that
> >boy has.  Why wasn't/isn't he more popular?  (Nick, not JG).
> >
> who can answer that one?  was it because he was eclipsed by Elvis? maybe.
> was it because he threw too much country in for the pop audience
> maybe.   but, that's just one thing i don't know how to answer.

I would venture that he just didn't care.  His vision is so singular, I
think it just pushed him past trying to fit into the machine.  He's given
it a number of shots, but it's always sort of with one eye closed and
fingers crossed behind his back.  In England, he named his 1st album "Jesus
of Cool," which always seemed to me like half-a-swipe at the whole
establishment.

2 cents worth,
jnf