Alanis Bashing and The Violet Burning (no OtR)

Hey kids!  (Hey, Jessyka...)

I just wanted to let everyone know that, if they haven't done so yet, they
should really give Alanis' new CD a chance.  Yes, she might have a more
annoying voice than Liz Phair, but that doesn't mean that Alanis doesn't have
any redeeming qualities.  I actually happen to like her voice, and her music,
a lot, although some of it does tend to have to grow on me.

*that i would be good even if i did nothing
that i would be good even if i got the thumbs down
that i would be good if i got and stayed sick
that i would be good even if i gained ten pounds*

I don't know about any of you, but this is something that affects me, as a
less than model perfect young woman in such a superficial society, a society
focused on money and success and looks more than on virtue and morals and
being good people.  Her music *means* something to me...it's more than just a
voice singing some words that I couldn't really care less about.

Ok, now that I'm done with that...I just wanted to tell everyone who has been
professing their love for The Violet Burning that I went to the GEMM site and
ordered a copy of _The Violet Burning_ CD.  Hope I like it.  And if I don't,
let me know and I'm sure I'll be willing to send it off to someone else who
can appreciate it.  :)

Talk to everyone soon.  I'm off to work.

NP:  Closer  _Don't Move_
*hugz and kisses*
Jessyka