Re: "i know this is a big stretch, but try it" (no otr)

>It *is a great soundtrack* --  the jesus & mary chain, and the best
>rendition of can't help falling in love with you by (if i remember
>correctly) the UK 'lick the tins'......

Indeed.  Do you happen to know how someone can get a cd by "Lick the
Tins"?  I've searched and searched, but none of the music stores around
here have ever heard of them, and can't order any of their music.
Actually, that much is true of almost all the groups on the S.K.o.W
soundtrack.

>and the quotes from that movie abound: (don't go mistaking paradise for
>pair of long legs)....

Or how about the following exchange:

"My grandmother also told me that when I grew up I would have big
boobs."
"Oh yeah?  What happened?"
"I dunno.  Guess I got lucky."

[Paul reveals his private insanity to the rest of the world] When I was
17 I was working 10 hour days at a compost recycling field, and the days
were hot and long, but I was alone with no supervisor to bother me.
While others would bring walkmans and listen to the radio all day, I
recorded the audio of S.K.o.W on to a cassette and put the soundtrack
from the movie on the other side.  I listened to that ONE tape all
summer long.  I liked that movie, oh yes I did.  :P

>'mess with the bulls, ya get the horns' is in S.K.o.W. and in 2 other
John
>Hughes movies.
>Any takers as to which two?

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say "Sixteen Candles" and "The
Breakfast Club".  Do I win?

Paul Christian Glenn      |  "Life without music would be an
cirhsein at firinn_org       |  intolerable insult."
http://x-real.firinn.org  |                   - Edward Abbey

Now Reading: "Jesus - A Revolutionary Biography" by John Dominic Crossan